Here are some of the sights we saw on our first day back that reminded us why we love this place:
- Children of Manos de Amor – as we drove up the anthem started “Karen, Karen, Karen….” and children ran to the gate to greet us with big hugs and sloppy kisses. Some jumped in our car, Natalia barely acknowledged me but jumped on Grant and refused to let go
- New animals in town – we have 2 new donkeys wandering around the neighborhood. We saw a donkey chasing a dog who was chasing a donkey who was chasing a dog. The donkey won!
- While Grant was busy unloading the truck in the garage, a chicken wandered in to check out what was happening
- We spent the afternoon at the beach and while we were boogie boarding we saw dolphins jumping a bit further out – and a big skate or ray of some kind jumped right next to us
- We love the kitties that wander around the restaurants looking for some loving while we wait on our food – which by the way cost us $7 for a burrito and enchilada and a rice water – all GIANT
- The door-to-door produce truck – check out the huge grapes I bought for less than $2 right outside the door
A great first day – the simple pleasures of children and food and ocean and animals. Really, what else do we need?
The view from my desk as I write this blog